We are currently in the market for a Music Talent Coordinator to join our team. BBTV's music division Opposition provides music creatives with the resources to grow their content and brand. Initially specializing in digital video, we've expanded to many aspects including full Distribution & Label Services. Clients include G Herbo, Flume, Vancouver Sleep Clinic and Lyrical Lemonade; within this role, you would be responsible for taking care of certain clients and assisting in marketing campaigns. If you have a passion for music then this is the role for you!
- Manage a portfolio of YouTube content creators in Music. Help them develop their presence online on YouTube and other platforms.
- Project manage artist releases signed to BBTV’s Distribution & Label Services. Work with the team to ensure all tasks are completed around the release.
- Develop close, professional relationships with talent through various communication mediums
- Quickly respond to partner questions and concerns regarding reporting/payments, partnership agreements, Company’s technology platform, copyright issues etc
- Explore mutual collaboration opportunities between talent in the same and different content categories (Beauty and Fashion, Gaming, Entertainment, etc.).
- Ensure the delivery and execution of all partner eligible BBTV’s value adds, programs, and incentives to drive continual partner success and creator retention.
- Work collaboratively with the Audience Development, Social Media, Content Acquisition and Partner Experience teams as well as the cross-functional talent to develop and implement creative ways to improve client relationships and channels growth.
- Support top talent in other endeavours (i.e. music distribution)
- Assist in social media promotion of talent on BBTV official brand accounts including Opposition
- Work with BBTV’s Branded Entertainment division to identify BBTV talent to develop and deliver advertising campaigns on Partner channels.
- Reach out & liaise with brands and media entities who work with online influencers with the goal of securing Branded Entertainment opportunities for BBTV’s top-tier creators.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and provide an ongoing marketing strategy to talent (e.g. programming, best practices on social media platforms and streaming platforms, new platforms and, audience development)
- Analyze portfolio of talents to identify content diversification opportunities in your market.
- Identify strategic opportunities for your portfolio of talents to generate additional revenue streams and brand-building opportunities through music distribution, merchandising, app development, sync licensing and collaboration.
- Drive, measure, and segment creator’s performance using key metrics.
- Streamline and improve operational workflows to contribute to our partner’s success.
- Assist in executing influencer or meme marketing campaigns including vetting, reaching out, and coordinating payments to influencers.
- Strategize effective marketing campaigns for music creators and their releases.
- 2-3 years related experience in account management, premium service environment, music business (record labels, publishing, artist management, etc.) or digital marketing
- 1-2 years experience in the music industry with a strong understanding of the current music business landscape
- Experience in media, entertainment and/or technology industry is a plus but music experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of social media platforms
- Strong understanding of music streaming platforms
- High attention to detail and extremely organized with strong project management skills
- Dedicated work ethic with a proactive mindset
- Skills in video editing and have a strong design eye is a strong plus
- Ability to provide clear direction on high-quality content creation
- Strong understanding of the YouTube platform, Channel Management and Google Adwords is a bonus
- Mastery of Office Suite (MS or Google), in particular with Word and Excel
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Proven client relationship management skills
- Creative mind. Strong ability to develop out of the box marketing ideas for an artist.
- Ability to adapt in a quickly moving working environment and to stay collected in stressful situations
- Ability to be both, self-directed and highly collaborative
- Ability to track, analyze and manage data and records
- Positive attitude fueled by ambition to drive results
- Passionate about music
- Excellent time management abilities
- Post-Secondary Education or equivalent work experience
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
Our state-of-the-art open-concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play. From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we're not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the third-largest video property on the planet (behind only Google and Facebook), and have built digital networks alongside the likes of the NBA and The Huffington Post. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let's talk!